View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
Just wondering if any one has tried running the COld Air Inductions cai w/o the lid? Instead of screwing the top lid, just running it without it, like most other systems (Roto-Fab, Injen, K&N, AirAid, etc).

Should work just fine in theory. THe thing is to test if there is any temp change in the air supplied to car via CAI, if the lid is off. Reason is because the aluminum lid/top gets really hot, and has no insulation attached to its underside, and wonder if the heat absorbed by lid affects the "cold air" being sucked in by CAI when lid is on and cai closed. Perhaps if we run our CAI w/o lid, the air sucked in runs just as cool (if indeed the hot lid affects the air)? Perhaps it runs a little cooler? Maybe just a little warmer air, but not enough to really matter?

If so, then perhaps I'll remove the lid when I take it to dealership for maintenance, cause I don;t want those goons to scratch my CAI lid when they try to remove it or put it back on and don't know how to align it properly.
Leave the lid on when running the vehicle, otherwise you just voided out most of the design attributes and benefits that our system has to offer. And yes, the performance will be hurt by doing so.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote