View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
For you guys with OBX long tube header

Anytime after installing your OBX header, do any of you notice any hissing noise slightly mixed with what sound like a hand shaker instrument being shaken while accelerating? It sound like hissing mixed with a bunch of hard rice being shaken in a can, almost like a rattle snake's tail. It can also go as sounding raspy. I been dealing with this noise for almost a year! and I still can't seem to find the reason why. I can't find any leaks either, and if I been dealing with almost a year worth of leak I'm sure I would be able to see at least a little bit of black soot shooting out but none. Some are saying it's because of the thin material the OBX is made from but if I'm the only one that's hearing this noise then it can't be that. So any of you other OBX guys going through this?

I also want to note that if you have a loud exhaust I'm sure you can't hear this. I have somewhat of a mild exhaust. Zero drone and very quiet when just cruising on the highway. The noise is not there when the windows are down but definitely noticeable when the windows are up and radio off.

Last edited by bmorecam; 03-03-2012 at 11:22 PM.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote