View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #5
Dr. Evil

Drives: 2013 SS
I love me some old Poncho's. There is something to be said about having heat/air, cruise, quiet comfy ride, great brakes, handling etc etc. I was torn between getting a 1st gen or early 2nd gen but decided the wife and son would be better served with a new one. I'd spend just as much to make it handle, stop and turn as well as a new one and while it would look great it wouldnt be as good at drives over 30 minutes as the new one. Doing car events as a family is the whole point to me. My son is 7 and he fits in the back fine so far.
I had a 69 that I purchased as a shell no drivetrain project. I replaced the trunk and floor pans, most of the interior and threw in an old 400/th350 out of a bonneville then promptly sold it. I regret doing that now and wish I had another. Its very close but I like the look of the 67 with the vent window and the front bumper of the 67-68 more but I still like a well done 69. You've got a nice collection there and the lift will be a huge help with work and freeing up space. I cant tell you how much you'll appreciate your lift till you R/R a transmission or a fuel tank with it. You'll wonder how you got by without it. I wouldnt even consider replacing a fuel pump, clutch or transmission without it. Heck, even on brake jobs its a snap. I did my ZL1 grill replacement on my SS with it in under 90 minutes.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote