View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #148
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
It's amazing what this has turned into. It has nothing to do with gun rights ,but everything to do with 1: Was the boy allowed to be carrying a "Real" AK-47 in the town he lives in.(because the cops have to assume it's real. I agree) and 2: Is there another way they could have handled the situation? I say number two has a lot to do with the answer to number one.

I'm basing this solely off of the article because that's the only thing any of us can do. It sounds like the cops were driving down the street, see this kid with a gun and proceed to go all Hollywood with flailing the doors open, lighting up and yelling at someone that is turned away from them. It would seem to me that they already had their mind made up about the kid before they ever stopped the patrol car. I could see a kid that age getting scared and not thinking clearing when being jumped by the cops out of the blue.
Like I said before, cops are human and they do make mistakes and sometimes use bad judgement. The also have to power to fix it when they do. That's one of the perks of risking your life everyday I guess. I respect the men and women in law enforcement. I have real good friend that is a state cop and I know many of our locals. I just wonder if they way that reads to me is just the media making it sound that way or if that's the way it went down. I guess we'll never know.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote