View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #69
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The Z/28 is not a car for the masses as the Camaro has always been. It requires a NEW customer. It is a toy, a trophy not transportation. I fully appreciate it, however it IS way more than the faithful would ever have expected. It's hard for some to get their heads around it. My final thought...it's very cool!
Interesting points. My view is somewhat different.

I started with Chevy, in my car-buying career, but they abandoned me. They kept designing products that diverged more and more, every year, from what I wanted -- both in regards to outright performance and quality.

If you'd told me, five or ten years back, that they'd be building products like the Z/28 and Z06 -- and testing them on the Nurburgring, to boot -- I would've laughed my ass off.

And yet, the Faithful at GM went and made it so! I'm not a new customer, the company just decided to get on with it and resume building cars that I'm interested in. I never went anywhere and my tastes haven't changed; if anything's different it's my higher tolerance for MSRP as the years (and my earning ability) have increased. I feel very blessed that Chevy came out with the perfect car for me, and that I'm at a point in my life where I can afford the price of entry on the Z/28...