View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #23
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
A few thoughts

- Hocking Hills - It was nice the last two years (except the traffic/parking) but I'm one of the ones that would prefer something different this year.

- Winery Tour - I'm not a wine drinker. I wouldn't want to drink & drive anyway. I have heard there is a nice restaurant on the Ohio river where you can watch the boats go by. It may have been Moyer Winery & Restaurant.

- Murphin Ridge Inn - I'm not concerned if the restaurant is expensive as long as the food is very good.

- Wilmington, OH - NO, NO, NO and NO. There are no good cruising roads and only average restaurants. However, the renaissance festival is nearby if the group would want to do this.

- Red River Gorge, KY - This looks interesting but would probably be better as an overnight trip. Perhaps this could be an activity next year.

- Motorcycle routes - I'd be open for trying some of these; however, 1) I'd want to find the roads in good condition and 2) I'd want to find interesting stopping points.

- Amish area - I'd be open for trying this. I've starting mapping a route and stops if others are interested. We would need to be patient and cautious driving this area. We would have to dodge the horse shit too. Towns could include Millersburg, Sugarcreek, Walnut Creek, Wilmot, Loundonville. Stops could include Coblentz Chocolates, Natures Food Market, Farmstead Restaurant, Der Dutchman, Amish Door Restaurant, Dutch Valley Restaurant, Keim Lumber, Grist Mill.

- Caverns - I'd be open for trying this. I've mapped a route between the caverns in central Ohio including Ohio Caverns, Zane Shawnee Caverns and Olentange Indian Caverns with a stop at Der Dutchman in Plain City.

- Covered bridges - For any route we decide on, perhaps we work in a covered bridge. http://www2.dot.state.oh.us/se/coveredbridges/

- Go Karts - Another idea perhaps for next year.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote