View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #267
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
z, thanks for the dyno runs and videos.
So far so good; that power output is good considering the psi its running at (roughly 18-20hp per psi?!). Sounds like the key component is what kind of psi can the v6 boost to before running too lean. Is Trifecta making any comments on where boost could be upped to safely on the stock set up? And yes a boost controller is a must.

I would suggest a single stage manual - simple yet effective because it takes alot of variables out of the equation in the event something goes wrong. Also, if the wastegate is adjustable, then you can adjust the wastegate to its 'factory' setting, then adjust your boost controller to the desired psi. All of this will need to be done with an acurate boost gauge of course - thats too bad the autometer isnt working right - I wonder if maybe it just isnt hooked up right. But the gauge will be important to monitor while going through trials with the boost gauge on the street.

I guess I would just see what Trifecta thinks you can safely run boost up to, then get the boost controller and boost gauge working right, do some driving around to get it dialed in, and then maybe back to the dyno to see how everything is sync'ing up.