View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #13
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
If y'all don't mind, I'll just repeat myself from the other thread, here...

Not that my singular opinion will buy anyone much (including, unfortunately, ME!), but I see this as a worthy SS upgrade for (hopefully!) NOT a huge amount of dough.

Increased gription? Check. FE4, beefed anti-sway bars, wheels/tires, some bushings upgrades...
Increased performance? Check. 3.91s will liven up the LS3; HD trans/axles will harness it.
Distinct appearance? Check. Not just any SS...and for some that's mighty important.
Build it your way? Check. Options for those who seek them.

Call this one ZEE Lite. And there's nothing wrong with that AT ALL...for those who want "that".

So, what was missed? Or, better yet, what "opportunity" exists for a jenn-you-wine ZEE?

More power (as opposed to Mopar!)
6-pot front brakes...which, until substantially more steam arrives, are not yet necessary
HD diff...see above
Eye-straining (as opposed to bone-jarring) suspension upgrade...Coilovers...or MRC...

So, boys 'n girls, we're close...closer than we were...and, as fbodfather hisself has said (again last night, in fact...), "we're NOT done..."

NEVER say "never"...

BTW, with deference to the existing title, can we call it the Z28/1LE Forum? "Where DREAMS and REALITY Meet"...

Last edited by LOWDOWN; 03-27-2012 at 09:05 AM.