View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
whitewaterjay

Drives: 1968 Camaro Coupe
What Engine to put in my 1968 Camaro

Hello Everyone,

I'm at the point where I've gotten my 1968 camaro back from paint that I've had in primer for 10 years now and I'm reassembling but I still haven't made a decision on my motor. I have a 1970 350 bored .30 sitting on the engine stand right now that I took out of it and a TH400 that I've had rebuilt with a shift kit in it.

My dilemma is whether to put the 350 back in the car that I took out which was running pretty rough but I think it may have been a timing/carb issue, or get a lower priced crate engine or insert a LS motor of some kind. I was told the compression was really high on this motor when I bought it 10 years ago so I have to run 92 with a bottle of 104+ octane booster which is costly and a pain.

Money of course is an issue, my budget is somewhere in the $2000 - $3000 range. I'm looking for a nice weekend cruiser, small car show for fun type of car, not looking to run it at the strip or take it to big car shows. I just want to enjoy it, but also know I'm driving a muscle car when I hit the gas.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason
whitewaterjay is offline   Reply With Quote