View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 02:47 AM   #636
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenS_84 View Post
Very interesting.
The story, Differential...? If there's anything I can help you out with just let me know Steve, that's what I'm here for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
WOW thats awesome J!! Im glad that all that time and effort that has been put into SSYNSTR has finally paid off big time! And i know it will only get better from here on out! Especially with the heart and enthusiasm you put into your car! once again congratulations and keep up the work, i cant wait to see how far you can take this Camaro!

Thanks Solo, it was kind of like the light at the end of the tunnel, when all this came together and I was picked by Skip to be the test car, I've always supported the companies that have been real good to me, espcially since I've been very selective on what parts I've put in it. The one thing obviously I never did was rush through things, each mod was carefully selected with performance, quality & durability in mind. I really think the HammerHead is going to take the C5 world by storm, because as I said, the rear diff, is the weakest link to these cars, and as you get up there in horsepower, the greater chance you have of needing a new one, because the stock one isn't made to handle the increase in power. I'll be reporting all about my experience with the new HammerHead IRS, the install process, how it bolts up to the stock axles & driveshaft, and when the time comes the ease of installing the DSS drive shaft & axles, a Skip mentioned,, "You can swap them out in your driveway with a floorjack, that's how everything works together" So yeah, I'm stoked about this piece, since it's a groundbreaking product, that focuses on something we all may need at one time or another, and that my car was picked to do it and CMS to be the WC Dealer for them. Everything fell into place with this and it's giving me a behind the scenes look into the IRS, what makes them work and the opportunity to feature the ride in a magazine with a substantial article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Glad to hear you are not getting rid of your Camaro. We are still needing to cruise in the future. I have one last trick up my sleeves and then I'm done, no more modding. I'm starting a modders anonymous club and you are the first member!

I'm glad I saved everyone the drama of putting the car up for sale After i looked at the numbers and what I've done to it, knowing it's one of a kind and there's a strong chance I'll take anything that pulls up next to me. It's really fallen into place, as I always intended to get sponsors to help out with cost and be given the opportunity to test stuff, so I'm pretty excited cause it's like a dream come true! I don't know if I'd classify this as a mod though, cause the differential is bad, and I' certainly not going to replace it with stock garbage. And that's the whole point of the test is to prove you don't have to get the blown package with DSS Driveshaft & axles all at once, and by just using the HammerHead IRS, you'll dramatically improve the performance & safety! Plus I'll get to go to events, races & shows, and know it's something special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missionboi View Post
Haha i knew the were gunna win! im stoked!

Next time use the Force, and roll with your gut...It does payoff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccamaro View Post
Awesome win for you John! I was pulling for the niners but didn't bet.
Thanks RC, the monies going right to the C7 fund!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
You seriously won 6 figures betting on the super bowl?
Paul, here I thought you'd be more interested in the HammerHead rear! But as I've been saying for the past month I just had a feeling about the Ravens,, and when the general public came in hard over the weekend on the Whiners, I knew I had the right side. Doing this for 25 years has certainly paid off, don't get me wrong I've had my fair share of losing days, maybe even a week, but never month,season or year....And my Super Bowl record dating back to 1990 is 21-2 against the spread....I take my sports investing very seriously spending 20-30 hours a week studying every angle out there and using very possible resource. When the regular season ended I placed wagers on certain teams that I thought would get to the big dance, Ravens being one of them and at 30-1 odds it was hard to resist, since seeing them start to gel and really play well. Every week I just rolled profit over and went with my gut & feeling that the Ravens had a higher power working with them. So I kind of went off today, every which way, hit in NHL, NCAABB, NBA & the SB....It was close to a record for me....

But I don't want to turn this into a gambling thread, cause there's a lot of exciting things coming in the next 2 weeks , so stay tuned!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote