View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
WTH! Build Quality Issues!!!

Ok I'm really ticked off about the paint on this car.

I've had the car about 3 months. I wash it religiously and KNOW there were no blemishes in the paint when I got it.

Now, I've got small "white paint lines" appearing all over the place and scuff marks as well. Did I mention it has been washed with a TOUCH FREE SYSTEM since new? I thought it was wax at first, but no...it doesn't rub off! I've got these issues appearing on the edges of both doors, the bottom edge of the trunk, the edge of the hood...at this rate, I will need a repaint in a year. WTF! Is the paint not water-proof or something? Also, I'm seeing scratches and scuff marks on this car with no clue where they came from. I am the only driver of it and it never gets parked around anyone.

My 07 Mustang GT has none of these problems at 20k miles and it bakes in the sun all day. Plus my fiance drives it so I know it doesn't get the love it should all the time.

Is anyone else experiencing paint issues? I'm VERY unhappy with the build quality of this car. I was removing the remnants of a bug from the top of the hood yesterday and just barely applying pressure the freaking metal buckled. Really? This car weighs a ton! How thin can the metal be???? Fortunately it didn't dent.

I swear, I think I got one that was built on a Friday. $30k for Home Depot paint quality, a slipping tranny that I'm told "needs to get worse before we fix it", an occasional rattle under the hood at 40 mph that sounds like a tea cup on a saucer that "can't be duplicated", and a strange sound at first startup that sounds like a kid with playing cards in his bike spokes that lasts 30 seconds and goes away on its own.

Sorry to vent, but this is the most expensive car I've ever owned...only the second new one...and so far it has been the least impressive with build quality.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote