View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #13
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Those that experience less life in their struts have installed a coil set that is allowing too much compression and damage to the foot valve. The other reasons that the hydraulics would fail are damage to the strut shaft during the new coil installation or to the seals and internals from spinning the shaft with an air gun.

Scratches on the strut shaft will damage the seal. Damage the seal and the unit will fail. The quench, the resistance on the strut retaining nut is very high from the factory. Reinstalling the top nut because of this resistance can be a real problem. Hammering away with an air gun while the shaft endlessly rotates can cause all kinds of issues. While I believe that Pedders lowering coils are the best choice for a 5th Gen out of all the available lowering coils, I don't know of a single reputable company that sells a 5th Gen coils that will damage the foot valve.

All you had to do was get married at C5Fest and you could have had a full suspension as a wedding gift. What were you thinking?
Doh! And I just got engaged!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote