View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
cliffdog89

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 '12 Camaro
Mod 5: Window Tinting

Purchased: www.dynamictint.com
Phone: (856) 566-8468
Price: $500.00
included installation and lifetime accidental damage coverage.

Front window (clear) 3M Elite Crystalline
Side windows 35% and rear window 20% 3M Ultimate Color Stable

(A cheaper grade tint could have been installed on the rear and side windows for $170.00)

After looking around for a good window tinting shop in South Jersey I found Dynamic Tint on a Camaro5 forum. I dropped the car off and it was finished four hours later. I couldn't be more happy with the results. It is important to go to a shop that is used to working with the camaro's automatically lowering windows. The did a great job and used a heat gun to ensure the bottom portion of the window did not peel upon opening while the rest of the window was curing.

While installing the tint is partially for appearance - it was also for protection of the interior as I do not have a garage to store the car and it is usually in direct sunlight. Due to this I had the crystalline installed on the windshield to block heat and UV rays. The higher grade tint I had installed is guaranteed by 3M not to lose color, crack, or bubble for life. Due to the nearly constant sun exposure I went with this more stable option.

Now most people want to know - will I get pulled over? I do live in NJ where any and all window tinting on side windows and the windshield is illegal. However, after having the tint installed for about a month I have not been pulled over. KNOCK ON WOOD

Last edited by cliffdog89; 06-20-2013 at 10:36 AM.
cliffdog89 is offline   Reply With Quote