View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
GM GFX Front Splitter - Used - with hardware

SOLD

I have a used front splitter. This is removed from my car and already packed for shipping. This sale includes all mounting hardware, plus I have provided new rivets and the instructions and templates

There are a couple of very light cosmetic imperfections. TRUST ME, ONCE INSTALLED YOU WILL NOTICE NOTHING.

If you opt to paint this splitter, nothing will show. If you install it as-is...it will still look fine

The light imperfections include:

1) Scratches underneath - does not show
2) One deep scratch down low on the passenger side directly in front of the wheel

3) A very slight stress warble in the surface on the passenger side front where the deer actually hit the splitter. This only shows if you get on your knees and catch the glare correctly. I believe this deal will come out when the splitter is reinstalled. It is negligible.

I have also repaired two minor situations

1) The little fold up tab on the passenger corner(that one bolt goes thru) ripped off. I have riveted a thin piece of sheet metal to put this back in place. It is stronger than new. The tab hardly serves a purpose other that to align everything with the corner of the front bumper and does not show when installed - see pics

2) The was a crack in the passenger side plastic mounting strip that rivets to the bumper. I have glued this back. It is strong and does not show - see pictures

This unit is over $700 list and is $550 at GM Partshouse new not shipped to you, and does not appear to come with the mounting hardware.

Attached are pics of the car before removed and numerous pics of the unit ready to ship.

I am looking for $300 shipped to you.

Talk to me.....
Attached Images

Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff

Last edited by f5journal; 03-05-2013 at 11:30 AM.
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote