View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #21
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I found this interesting comment:
"You will find soon the story in Motor Trend where the pit the Z?28 against a AWD Porsche Turbo 911S and the AWD Nissan GTR Track Edition.
They first asked Al Oppenheiser what the 0-60 was and the quarter mile. He told them I don’t know. He said that the car was not a drag car and was made for lap times. Car and Driver did the test and found the car to be lacking to the others in the 0-60 and quarter mile.
But then they went to the track and the Porsche laid down a good time as did the GTR. Then the Camaro came out and put down a time just a little slower. Well they checked the tires and found they had too much air. So they reset the pressures and went out and beat both convincingly. Note too this was on a cold day where it was hard to get heat into the tires that the Z has that thrive on heat.
Now they stated in the story that many scoffers will say this was not a GT3 or the latest Nismo but you can counter that this was in the cold with a Z/28 that also included the air Conditioning and Stereo system that can be deleted for 50+ pounds more weight loss. And keep in mind the Camaro did it with an aging suspension and only RWD for less money.
Nice that this car is able to handle cars the Z06 is to be hunting and it makes one ponder just what the Z06 will do with the suspension it has under the car. I think we all will be in for some big surprises.
Just wait till they get the new Camaro with less weight and a newer platform under it. It may have the makings of a economy supercar of its own."

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/03/...#ixzz2wp355ruN