View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #13
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Most of us are well aware that the allocation system was devised by the auto industry, to fulfill the requirements of federal franchise law.

Sometimes we still enjoy venting and expressing our opinions and thoughts on a particular subject.
I really don't know why, when or how the allocation system was devised. I do remember some of the Honda issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.theautochannel.com/news/date/19971231/news008868.html
Hendrick was named with 22 other defendants who have been convicted in the investigation of American Honda.

The scandal started in the 80s as Hondas were in high demand. Dealers could sell the cars for thousands of dollars above the sticker cost. Executives at Honda took advantage of the high demand by soliciting bribes from dealers. Dealers were granted new dealerships and increased shipments of cars. In all, Honda executives accepted of $15 million in bribes and kickbacks, according to the prosecutors.

Hendrick's name appeared on the prosecutor's list three years ago. Hendrick admitted giving hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash, BMWs and even houses to Honda executives. Hendrick claims he received nothing in return.

Hendrick was indicted in December 1996, by a federal grand jury in Asheville for bribing Honda executives.
I do know I come here for information and to learn how these things work. It is with this information, and knowlege I placed my order. I know issues before my dealer called to inform me. I worked within the system, I am at 2000, and can't wait to take delivery. A great deal of the knowlege I have gained here are through Scott's posts, as well as other knowlegable sources here. It is like having inside information. Just my .02 IMHO