Thread: Boost Spike
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #87
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
Yes, same PMJ. I finally made it back to the track last weekend. I finally got my 10s run, but the slower throttle actually hurt more than it helped (I should have look closer at my logs while I was there).

The above log shows a nice gradual transition to WOT...this was on the street and I thought it was a good fix. As you can see in my first run at the track below, the slower throttle turned into a mess... I guess I was shifting too fast . You can see I shift, floor it, the TPS opens rapidly to 50%+, then starts to close back down to 30%, and then flies open about as rapidly as I floored it originally and results in the exact same boost spike and lean spike...just took longer to get there.

I'm as confused as ever, but when I get this issue solved, I can take another .5s off my time!

I'm headed back to Victoria to see Pat G again. This time we are going with a SD tune in hopes of removing the lean spike.

-Pat
A simple fix is to restrict the vacuum source to slow the closing of the bypass.

You can use a motorcycle carb jet in the bypass tube I would start around .030

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote