View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
Ok... I know this hasn't been answered yet by GM but i would like to ask what you think anyways (yes you, the ones who knows more than.. me? )

Anyways... we've learned the V8 camaros will have like 400HP and the V6 about 250HP (wich can of course still change) but those are all the number we've got for now, i think.

How will the V8 compete (pricing) against the Mustang GT, considering the GT has 300HP and the camaro will have something like 400HP? I mean.. what Camaro could fit the spot where the Mustang GT lies? those 400HP (and i've read 450 and 500 too) seems like getting to face the Challenger SRT8 and the Shelbys, but what about the GT?

The Camaro's specs sounds great (let's hope those numbers fit the production cars), but GM also said it will keep it affordable to compete against the mustang.. it just doesn't make too much sense to me. A Camaro V8 with 400HP, 6speed transmission and independent rear suspension for the price (or at least close to) of a Mustang GT? hmm... or maybe, "between" (key word) the GT and the Shelbys?
First off, Welcome!!!!!!

And you nailed it. That's the beauty of it right there. All that for roughly 500 - 1000 dollars higher than a Mustang GT......see why we're so excited?!?!?

That ~400hp Camaro is going to do war with and completely spank the tires off even the new Mustang GT () (imho).