View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Saving41

Drives: IBM 1SS
BC Racing coilovers Installed

I just finished installing the BC Racing (BR series Coilovers), and I can honestly say I am very pleased with the ride improvement to my SS. I had the DSE springs and swaybars installed a little over 4 months and was very happy with the improved stance (settled around 1 3/4 inch drop) and much improved handling.
My only complaint was that on the poorly maintained highways around town, some of the bumps and transitions would feel really harsh. If I hit a moderate pothole at freeway speed, the rearend would get pretty unsettled.
I was following the threads by 6liter, and Tristian at Circuit Motorsports and thought the BC coilovers would be worth a try. Installation wasn't too bad. I set them up to keep the ride height that I had with the DSE kit. A brief test drive and I can't believe the difference. Still great handling, but a more predictable response to imperfections on the road. Ride quality is a little firmer than stock. So, for all those on the fence about coilovers, you should go for them!
Give Tristian a call, he has been very helpful with all my endless questions, and has an excellent product for our Camaro's.
Saving41 is offline   Reply With Quote