View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #67
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie View Post
A threshold of 40°F is absurd & with ZL1s scheduled to be delivered via carriers exposed to the elements during Winter months, there is pause for concern. Damage during transport can be subtle & not necessarily visible to the naked eye. I would think that GM's Corporate attorneys are a bit perplexed. Can you imagine the liability involved with a decision to release the vehicle at a time that technically voids its own warranty with regard to rubber?
The tires will be fine during transport,Its not like the cars will be driven at high speeds during the loading/unloading process.
The tires will also be fine while the car is sitting up in Oshawa waiting for delivery.
And its not like the tires "can't" be in the cold at all,the bulletin says to let them warm up to 40 degrees F prior to any highway use "if" they have been in temps under 20 degrees F.
When my SS arrived in mid-February this year the carrier driver told me when he loaded it that it was about -15 degrees F in Oshawa (I work at the dealership,so I get to see all the vehicles arriving) the P-Zero's are "summer only" tires and they survived just fine.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote