View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #24
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
No. this is not true. The HSA *does* in fact prevent movement in both directions, and *does not* disengage until after 2 seconds have elapsed. HSA activates when you're facing downhill and put it in reverse, as well.
I've got nothing but hills around here, so i deal with it quite a bit. It could be that you use just enough brake pressure when it activates that your car muscles through it when you go forward, but it is still applied until 2 seconds are up. This is one of the work-arounds brought up in another HSA thread, where all the aspects and workarounds found so far are discussed in detail.

but here's what made me respond - "First of all it won't engage on slight inclines unless someone is tailgating you." - How the hell does the car know if someone is tailgating??
Funny I just drive away normally and it disenges as soon as I move forward...

As far as how it knows someone is close behind you The same sensors that tell you when something is close when you are backing up... Pay close attention next time it engages on slight incline someone was very close behind you.

Hill start isn't voodo once you actually figure out how it works.

And back to the op question, yes the 1le is a very fun car for a daily driver