View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #15
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post
I am from Lawton and know the Mt Scott area very well. There is a great place in Medicine Park that could accommodate us. It is called "The Old Plantation". They sit right on the river (just after the dam at Lake Lawtonka) just a mile or 2 east of Mt Scott. In fact, you have a great view of Mt Scott from there. We could start out meeting at Loves and then all travel to Old Plan... from there (about 10 min drive). Then cruise up the mountain and maybe through the rest of the wildlife refuge where you are sure to see some buffalo, longhorn, and other animals. There is plenty of open road and traffic is not bad. It should be very easy to keep in a group, unlike last week!

I would not mind contacting the OP if this is what the group wants to do. I promise, this would be a great place to meet.

Chris
Sounds like an excellent plan. You want to go ahead and contact them and see if they WILL reserve seating for us. Unlike the last place that said they would, they didnt. If we choose somewhere else, we can just cancel.

And from your other post, I agree, would be to much of a hassle for a large group to get on base. Crusing the wild life where the buffalo roam sounds better.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote