View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #31
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornin69 View Post
Wow, the picture from the rear looking down at the rear window and trunk lid really shows how big the "hips" (quarter panels) are. Can't wait to inspect one close up!
That's actually just the lens the photographer used... it makes things that are closer look wider. There's a front view photo where the grille looks really wide and ominous too. It's done for the dramatic affect.

Now.... that brings us to the issue of people comparing the spy photos to the "beauty" shots of the concept. Most of the people taking spy shots were using small consumer cameras with regular zoom lenses and not a "wide angle" lens like this. OF COURSE the concept is going to look more dramatic and the spy shots are going to look a lot flatter and duller. It's the lenses!

I've never had an issue with the styling. I think they get the concept "spot on" with the V-6 camaro. I don't feel the love for the SS nose and never will. The sunroof opening outside the body was another "nails on a chalkboard" moment for me a few weeks ago when we first saw it. I took a lot of heat for not liking these parts of the car.

Now, if they get around to telling us they're going to offer blue on the SS and/or a HUD in a reasonable amount of time, then I'll be the first in line to get one.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote