View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #42
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Great set of pics Tribone!!! Thanks for posting these.

Looking over all of them one thing stands out; what a great job the factory has done on this car. Almost all of the non-factory cars are entertaining to look at in a way overdone hooker standing on a street corner kind of way, but I wouldn't want any of them. The best looking cars are the Chevy concept cars; the Chroma and Dusk in particular. I like the Leno car but not crazy about the hood. The white Hurst car with the black and gold edged paint accents is the next best looking car to a Chevy concept car. I didn't see a single rear spoiler I thought was better than the Dale Jr. spoiler from Chevy.

I have to hand it to the Chevy Camaro design team; they did such a great job it's one of the few production cars I've ever seen that's so well done it's extremely difficult to improve the looks. 99% of the cars at this show simply don't; most of them are downright gaudy IMO.
- You got it right ! Amazing how great a job Chevy did here
Only exception for me is that Transam - it looks clean and could almost have rolled off a showroom floor - i.e. it looks like a "real" car not a concept.

Net - hot setup is - hurst shifters, pedders kits, superchargers and CAI/Exhausts - everything else is potentialy flay looking fluff. We could have predicted most of this based on what we see on this forum.

Many thanks for the awesome pics