View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #1417
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
IMO- If the lifters are bad and from what I have heard about the VVT, AFM lifters they are junk it would come down to a financial decision. By that I mean the cost benefit of have your car fixed once and for all.

If they do the lifters and not the cam then you will be paying twice for some things like fluids, plugs and other shop items. Plus you will have the piece of mind of knowing it is FIXED.

I know you are wanting to do the cam yourself and I think you could do it, but with that you will have to do the valvetrain as well. New springs, Trunion up grade etc..... and I may be wrong but unless you have a special tool to take the springs off the valves that are closest to the firewall it becomes a bear to get them off since there is no room. Of course after the cam you will need a re-tune, which I know they will take care of but the pain of having to have it re-done and waiting etc....

I guess what I am really trying to say is don't be penny wise and pound foolish. They will have your car trying to figure out the surge problem anyway, if the lifters are bad and they have to go in and fix them the logical thing is to do the cam at the same time. While I understand Money is a factor, I think it would be wise to have it all done at once.

Once they fix your car, have gone throught it front to rear and make sure it is running right I really don't think you will have any issues.

I took my car to them and it would not hardly stay running, you know why, and they Fixed it, I had a slight issue later on and Ron picked up my car, found the problem and Fixed it for the final time. I only had to pay the 42.00 for the rocker arm and rocker tray, even though I offered to pay for the diagnosing Ron refused stating it should have been caught the first time.

I know I sing the praises of Vengeance alot on here, BUT they truly have taking great care of me and my car and ALWAYS make things right no matter what, on my car.

Personally I just hope it is some stupid little thing that fixes both problems. I guess I am always nervous about catastrophic failure especially since I have modded mine and realize that this is way over my head. BUT oh how it runs and sounds when they got it fixed.

Cut outs are awesome as you have heard mine in person, but that can always be done later. The problem both you and I have is that no one locally can take care of our cars or really has a clue about modding them and forces us to go long distances to have work done on them.

I know you will make the right decision about the cam etc.... just wanted to throw my .02 in there.

When are they picking it up?
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote