View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 05:46 AM   #1040
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Compound Forced Induction...

If I can figure out to get this baby in my bag and on the airplane, Corey is going to have fun...

Building a manifold...

Plumbing it....

Beefing the suspension....

and tuning it.....

I see the need for some five inch exhaust pipes in my future...

In the pic is Andrew, assistant driller, also known as helper.... (with his serious look before I got over there.... ) and one of the only two crane operators I like to work with... He is an assistant driller, and he was a crane operator... and I use him to move or help install stuff occasionally if Chris isn't available due to rig operations... When I say stuff... I'm talking about trying to stab a rod and piston into a tensioner... and like a piston on a car it has rings...

Imagine trying to compress the rings and seals on a piston your putting into a motor... the rod is 11,000 lbs and 16 feet long and you have to do this with a crane, and the crane is moving in every axis...as is the top of the tensioner... and the rod is hanging between the two.... and.....

PQ isn't allowed to try this...

When you're stuck between stationary hard stuff and in motion hard stuff, on a moving rig, (this is a floating rig) you want a smooooooooth operator.... and Andrew and Chris (not pictured) are both amazing....
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote