View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #1
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Stopped by a couple dealerships today....GOOD DEALS to be had out there

I stopped by my local Chevy dealer today to see if there was any new news on the Camaro. I make this stop about once a month and have built a friendly relationship with the sales manager. Nothing new....

BUT

This dealer, as odd as this is to me, also owns a Ford dealership which is right across the street. So I walked over just to look around. I went straight to the 2009 Mustangs and was shocked at how much they're discounted. A fully loaded top of the line GT Premium with every bell and whistle including the glass roof and chromed aluminum 18s was $30,100 final price. Take off the glass roof and chrome wheels and it was $27,200.

WOW. That's about $5K off sticker and these are 2009 models.

They also had a Shelby GT500. I sat in it and it's very nice. The interior is much nicer than I remember Ford's being. I haven't even sat in a Ford in years. The interior was MUCH nicer than that of my 4Runner, down to the way the plastic felt. This gives me good hope for that of the Camaro's interior quality.

Unfortunately, no GT500 test drives are allowed :( try as I might. They were also not discounting that car, it's sticker was $47K and change.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote