View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 01:50 AM   #1
lurk
My Class President

Drives: gto
My Dealer experience

First of all I would like to thank all of you members on here that contribute so much great info....Ill get to the story.
It took me forever but i finally figured out the exact combo i want which is:
2ss/rs, cgm, orange leather, orange stipes, polished wheels ,auto, NO SUNROOF, semi-rare combo, but its exactly what i want.

A few days ago i made a deal to trade my 2005 gto in on a new camaro. You know the story of haggling them down for every last penny for 3 hours which is half the fun of buying a new car, and while doing so stressed every option i want and must have said it at least 10 times to both salesman and manager. They said no prob we already found one it will be here today........

Fast-forward.....I am an excited little kid headed to the candy store (not only about getting a new camaro but getting out of that sentra). There were 2 cgm cars there 1 v6, I turned around i knew that wasn't it, walked around to the other side of the dealership and there she sat,
cgm, silver strips, black leather, midnight silver wheels.

I turned to the manager and said, ugh where is my car to which he said thats it sitting right there. I said ugh no sir you are mistaken, I said like 10 times yesterday the exact combo i wanted and all you got right was the outside color and tranny. When i asked where is the orange leather he said who the hell wants orange leather and stripes, thats ugly to which i simply said me. After that he said i never told him anything i just said no sunroof...Whatever

By this time my blood was boiling, I was livid.

Instead of losing my cool, i flopped the ole trusty iphone out and scrolled down the owner of the dealer's name saved in my phone book and told him the story. He fixed the a-hole managers attitude in a matter of minutes...
The manager gritting his teeth just handed me an option sheet and told me pick what i want and they will order it from the factory.

I guess my question is this:
Am I an a-hole for knowing what i want and not settling for less?
After all I am the one that has to look at it everyday and pay for it.
Or should I have taken the car they wanted me to have?

I know I know i am not an english major
lurk is offline   Reply With Quote