View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #93
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Some people still don't get that the L99 has a better torque curve and therefore MORE HP below 4200 rpm.
and here I thought I was the only one who noticed that

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
Great!! I hope its northern a bit of 600hp!! That little tvs1900 IS capable of 600+ rwhp! Cmon GM put us back on top of Ford's gt500!
600+ is getting a little ambitious. If the LLT makes 2.6% more power in the Camaro than it does in the CTS, then that should translate into roughly the same sort of gain in the ZL1. There is also the electric power steering, which would free up a bit of power in the ZL1 vs CTS-V (I think ... unless the CTS-V has EPS too ... ). So all in all, 575 hp isn't unreasonable to expect for a ZL1. Thats obviously not 600+, but its a good deal above 556 too ...

As far as being being 'astounded' by the numbers ... for me, that would take a sub 4 second 0-60 and a 1/4 in the 11's ...

I think those numbers are doable, given what the CTS-V accomplishes but I'd still be astounded to see them
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote