View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #17
MAYH3M

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
I'm just wondering why do people downshift? I have never and I mean never downshifted in any car. I simply slap it in N and just brake and depending on where the speed is determines which gear I throw it into. Sorry off topic just wanted to ask that since you mentioned downshifting.

And yes I have been driving manuals for over 15 years so no I'm no rookie
Your not supposed to. Imagine you down shifting the Transmission coming up to a stop light. Your Transmission will absorb most of the forward force, which your Brake rotors and and Pads usually do.

By throwing it in Neutral, your completely eliminating the drivetrain resistance you had when you were in gear. Now the complete weight of your car, and it's force have to be slowed down by the Brake alone.

Does this make any sense? Just try downshifting slowly when your coming up to a red light. Don't worry, you wont blow the transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBL WMR View Post
Injectors? Mine has a tick as well, but it's not really all that loud.. I'm sure it's just the injectors. My LT1 had significant injector tick.
Injector's wouldn't "Tick" like that, it's definitely Valvetrain related. Something like that can't be diagnosed correctly over the internet, take it in to your local Chevy Dealer.

FLT Stage 4 4L60E · Yank ST3000 Stall · Strange 12 Bolt · 3.73's · 33 Spline Eaton Posi · BMR SFC's
BMR Adj. LCA's · BMR Adj. Torque Arm · BMR Relocation Kit · KYB AGX's · SLP Cold Induction Kit
QTP Longtubes · SLP LM · Black 18x9.5 C6 Z06 Rims · Export Taillights · 15% Tints · 6000k HID's
MAYH3M is offline   Reply With Quote