View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #18
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
Funny thing is, since GM really spared no expense in building the ZR1, you'd have figured that if the KB was truly far superior to the TVS, they would have worked with KB to develop a twin screw LS9 (and LSA for the CTS-V) instead of the TVS...that must mean the TVS can hold its own. Magnacharger themselves claims to have made 950 hp with the 2300 variety (on a 434 @ 15psi). Reports suggest the TVS as designed on the ZR1 will do very well on a road race type application as well...offering less heat soak than what is found on other blower applications. I don't have a preference...just as long as they make dependable power, I'm for em' all...its just that so far, we only have rumors of a KB, while we actually have several production cars with the TVS already out, and their aftermarket blower already being advertised...So many times rumors take forever to come to market, and I for one, don't plan on waiting very long before my SS get boosted.