View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #37
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I put that road wrap on the front of my old truck just to see if it worked. The way I did it, it stuck well and did a 1500 mile round trip without issue. I used thinner strips.

I believe the key component(s) is/are 1) Ensuring that the surface is prepped well. Like very clean and no wax. I think this is where some people have some issues in that they wax their cars to be slicker than greased owl sh*t and it has a teflon effect. Nothing sticks to it. 2) If you don't trim the edge back where none of it is wrapped around anything it should remain flat and not flap.

I'm not saying this is always the case because I've never tried it on the Camaro which obviously is shaped differently, but again, no issues on my 2006 GMC hood and front fenders. When we got back, just peeled off all the bugs and recleaned/rewaxed and it was good as new.

For the Camaro, I use Zaino so it's already slick. For longer trips, I take a soft cloth and spray some plain old Pam cooking spray on the rag and smear it on the front. Then I wash the car when I don't need the long-trip protection any longer. It does work for bugs. But not for rocks obviously.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote