View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #561
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricamaro View Post
I was considering this off Ebay since the GTO Reservoir is a bit pedestrian...

It holds about 100ml (twice as much as the GTO),

but I may go with the GTO Res. just for piece of mind.

OEM CNC Clutch Brake Oil Fluid Reservoir Honda Suzuki Yamaha Kawasaki Ducati

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230881431842...842%26_rdc%3D1
Looks nice, but you are better off with one you don't have to open to inspect. Each time it's opened contaminates the fluid some and changes the boiling point and life of fluid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
Bleeding worries

It's Simple.
when you want to flush or bleed your fluid it's easy. you should be keeping your brake fluid clean too not just your clutch fluid. so when it comes time to flush your clutch fluid do your brake fluid as well.

Drain your brake fluid reservoir first using a small hose like clear fish tank air hose. The small hose will fit down into the bottom of the brake reservoir and suck it completely dry. Then you fill the brake reservoir with new clean fluid. Now you can take your supply hose off your GTO clutch reservoir and install it back onto the brake reservoir where it orginally was and flush your clutch system with clean fluid using the big brake reservoir.
after your done put the hose back onto the GTO reservoir and fill it with clean fluid.

It's simple guys. I do this all the time it's very easy. I do this to all the camaros that come in my shop for master cylinders.
No disrespect, but sounds potentially messy and is going in reverse......adding clutch dust back into the brake reservoir, just to get it back out again. Your clutch master cylinder has really been a breakthrough for the Camaro community - can't say much more about that.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote