View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 03:02 AM   #14
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
I applaud the 3.6L LLT. I think its a great engine.

However, from what I can tell I would be very wary of power adders pre-modification.
From what I have seen its in it's most powerful production version in the Camaro and Cadillac CTS. Other versions of the engine are detuned from there.
http://www.gmpowertrain.ca/Product/3...LT%20Specs.pdf
the Camaro and Cadillac its already 11.4:1 other applications have it at 11.3:1 or less
Its parts are good but I'd not put money on them taking FI or Squeeze
  • Block: sand cast aluminum (319) with cast in iron bore liners
  • Cylinder head: cast aluminum (319 semi permanent mold)
  • Intake manifold: aluminum (319 Upper, and Lower)
  • Exhaust manifold: high-silicon moly cast iron
  • Main bearing caps: sintered steel (CU infiltrated)
  • Crankshaft: forged steel (1038 V)
  • Camshaft: cast nodular iron
  • Connecting rods: sinter forged steel

Bread and Butter of the aftermarketers has been taking the entry/mid level cars and pumping them up to run with the heavy hitters. I doubt at present there is much in the marketplace for LLT mods. The other vehicles its been slated for aren't prone to tuner interest.
Once the LS/1LT/2LT starts ramping up you should see market response.

Eventually someone WILL have an exahust kit, a throttle body replacement, headers, stall converter for the auto, carbon fiber hood, fenders, trunk etc, suspension upgrade, and just about any and every other tweakable part

The AY6 is already out in the market on a number of other vehicles so you will probably have alot to choose from. Wiki says its rated for up to 345lb-ft, but Im betting that probably after swapping out some internals.

However, the real answer to how much you can get out a V6 Camaro is actually very simple. with enough time and money almost anything is possible.
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote