View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
I can tell you this much. You don't need to deal with the insurance company's preferred body shop. It sounds like you know this, but so many people don't.

I am a firm believer in taking the car to the dealer for body work. They should definitely know the car.

Always take one or two people with you to pick up the car to look it over with you. Never pick up the car after hours. Make sure the body shop department is open so you can report defects before driving off the lot. Why do I recommend this? People are so excited about getting their car back, the don't notice the imperfections until afterward. Then it is too late.

When I bought my car, I picked it up and parked it in my garage. Went out a day or two later and the rear window was literally blown out. (We never did figure out why. Marked down as one of those things.) Took it back to Southgate Chev and they had the window replaced and had to repaint the back half of the car due to the glass gouging the paint. They did a fantastic job of blending and matching!

I would highly recommend them.
dragon22 is offline   Reply With Quote