View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 12:13 PM   #16
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I don't think he was saying that the Camaro is not important to GM. I think it is very apparent that this car is extremely important for the reasons you already states. However, the G8 and Impala is much more important from a financial standpoint because these are GMs volume cars.

With that said, I don't know that the Camaro has to be mutually exclusive of the G8 and Impala. Just becasue they are in a hurry to get their volume cars under production doesn't necessarily meant hey do not have the resources to do the same with the Camaro.

With that said, I still think it will hit the showrooms late in 08.

I have a feeling one of the reasons why they say '09 release and stick with it is to fool the competition. Best way to make the car a big success and steal away market share from the Mustang is to say late release date, and then spring it on them sooner than expected. That thinking does make sense. The Mustang isn't due for a big horsepower increase until 2009. If they get the Camaro out the door in '08, GM will take a significant market share for muscle cars by doing so and maybe become a frontrunner down the road.

A sneak attack on Ford is quite plausible and will make the Camaro a much bigger money maker.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote