View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #202
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
OK... this is why Junior members need to use the SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!!!

Yes its not funciton, neither are the brake vents...

it will not take more then a little V shaped piece of plastic to direct incomming rocks and shit away from the release latch. And then you can make it functional.
junior members are only junior till they get 100 posts. a lot of senior members on here have posted identical posts as his.

and it will take more than a little V shaped piece of plastic to make the functionality WORTH it. yeah, you could chop up the front frame to allow for tubing to direct air to the filter box, but being able to supply sufficient air would be another obstacle to overcome.
read some of the other mail-slot functionality threads. its been gone over and over with pictures and everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Hey, they just released spy photos of the upcoming Z28. You can tell it's the new Z by looking at the headlights.
AWESOME!!! is that the 2011 model?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Let's not disrespect people for their cars of choice or necessity. I, for one, drive a Subaru because circumstances were out of my control. Driving a car other than a GM product doesn't make MerlinZero or me any less supportive of GM products.

People complained for months that the V6 and the V8 trims looked too much alike. GM tried to reconcile this by making the V8 different-looking. They're doing their best. If you want to change it, then go get a body kit.

heh....you drive a subaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
I know this has been beaten to death, but I also hate non-functional riced up methods of differentiating models.
riced up..... if someone put RAM AIR badges/decals on the car, it would be rice. creating a different front fascia resemblant of the concept is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
You want to know something, All these months and all the threads about the non functional mail slot on the SS and the fake brake cooling gill slits in front of the rear wheels and I have not seen one complaint about the FAKE cowl induction hood on EVERY 2010 Camaro....
I want a real Cowl Induction Hood!!
thanks Skyman... I was just thinking that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Well fake hood scoops are kind of a heritage thing if you think about it.. Didn't the 67-69 Camaro SS have fake hood vents on them, how about the early 80's Camaros with the hood scoop that was bolted on and non-functional. and the worst of all in my opinion were the fake hood vents on the IROC Z cars.... So to me the SS mailslot is not a big deal... Just tradition to distinguish one model from another one...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.