View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #206
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Conspiracy theorist anyone? There's no need to have added the effect of a "Spy Photo" because they are spy photos. I received these images directly from the spy photographers who shot the images. And that's how I was able to relay that the car had a "blaring" exhaust and was only on the track for a few moments. Sorry, but your opinions are just that, opinions. The fact is -- whatever this car is, it was actually spied during track testing.

As for where the cameraman was during the shot, how do you know how far they actually were positioned for these shots? They may or may not have been in the confines of the track, but with the use of telephoto lenses (which spy photographers undoubtedly carry) they don't necessarily have to be within the confines of the track. In fact, the pics appear to have an exaggerated perspective (making closely located subjects even bigger and remotely located ones even smaller), a result usually associated with telephoto lenses.
There are a few road sections at the Milford Proving Grounds that can be seen from the public roads. GM has taken care to plant trees and add burms where practicle. But the experienced photographers know the few remaining spots.

And since GM knows about these spots they don't take stuff on those sections of roads very often because they know they are likely to be photographed.

I could tell you a story about the craziness on one drive event when the C6s first went on the public roads. Lets just say the photographer was relentless to the point of endangering people....................and he was of the most famous of them all. They go to the limit to get you photos like these. So don't think this was some dude with his camera phone.

The above statement should not be interpretted of construed as some type of acknowledgement of the car in the photo. It would remain in the relm of speculation on everyones part.