View Single Post
Old 06-12-2023, 04:55 PM   #6
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
1st question, In the pictures above I'm sure you stopped at Shell for a reason , as I fill up at Shell . I herd Shell is the best of all the upper petroleum brands

Actually we stopped at that particular Shell because we were on empty and back where we are from Shell's gas is fair. The best in our backyard just happens to be Mobile, but we have found that gas can vary from station to station/city to city. We tried this particular brand of octane boost for the first time as this station only had 91/e10 octane and we had tuned the car to run on 93octane.

2nd Q , is Race Fuel Consentrate safe to use,( spark plugs , emissions system fouling) I have a stock ZL1 , and maybe don't need to consern myself with running an additive . The best pump premium available here in Arizona is 91 octane, and with the heat should I

We drove over 1,000 miles on that additive and saw no issues at that point, we did check our plugs and they do get that brown additive soot on them but no issues with sensors and plugs at this point. You car is tuned to run on 91, but we see stock cars with Knock even on 93 at times, so running some additive in your case is not a bad idea for performance driving, in the desert. Note: that we saw no knock at the track and we had some very hot days running hot cars (not fresh off a trailer), but we do tend to tune conservatively.

We take part in many driving events, Muscle Car Adventures, Power Tour, Tail of the Dragon, etc and always bring octane boost with us.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote