View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #23
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
We process a good number of orders a year, and most are shipped UPS. We average 3-5 shipping damage claims a year. That is a stupid low number given the size of some of the boxes we send. By and large UPS does a fantastic job for us. Do some boxes get beat to hell? You bet...however if packaged right, the parts get there fine.

Again though, at the minimum, I am certain UPS shipping guidelines require a double wall box at that weight, along with some minimum inches of cushioning around it. I would be pretty shocked it they paid the claim.
+1, we ship thousands of boxes to every state in this country every year and have MAYBE 2 claims, so far this year we have had zero. OP, this sucks for you man, but quite honestly with the weight of that box and the amount of dead space in it this was completely the shippers fault. They should have packaged this much better considering its weight and that fact that there is no give in it. I was in charge of shipping very high dollar and very fragile items at a company I used to work at and went to "Shipping School" at UPS & FedEx to ensure we had a very low damage rate, packaging is everything.

OP - hopefully it all works out for you man, it definitely puts a damper on things for you.

Last edited by Sales @ CAI Inc; 08-20-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote