View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
Well i did not install the system as i can not being crippled,but the system is set up to be installed to a always hot wire instead of a 12v switched to begin with ? why ? I don't understand why you would of designed it that way.How many of us really think about it,when you get home to open the system since your trying to be quiet ? did you do it just to make super simple to install,I really am pretty upset about this,that means i have to send my car to the shop or just have it removed...
COME ON THINK ABOUT IT THE WHOLE REASON TO USE THIS SYSTEM IS SO WE CAN CLOSE THE EXHAUST due to header and off road pipes !!!
Why would you design a system that drains the batt when its used for its intended purpose ? I might not be as mad if it drain it when left open since that's not the intended main use of this system compared to others.
I am thankful for having it since it was a gift.I also do not understand if you knew this why have the instructions have not been changed to correct this serious problem. what if the car was parked at the airport or someplace for a couple of days ? no power means no protection,and there goes my car to whoever figures this out..I am really mad about this,THANK YOU GUYS I hate posting negative posts ,but i just want to shout at someone!!!!!!!!!!!
Well written. I think it was an oversight and you can hook it up to an "ignition on" circuit very easily. This is the way it should have been from the start. At first, it probably wasn't realized that it was a battery drain until people (like me) started complaining about the battery going dead after a few days.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote