View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #12
dstairs
Farewell Thor

Drives: 95 Caddy Deville Concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
We have the numbers on the site. Dealers make more then that on the cars that are being ordered by us. They also get interest credits when they sell it right away. A loaded up 2SS can make a dealer 3'.
That is really stretching it saying the Dealer makes 3k on a loaded up 2SS. You would have to not pay your advertising, and include the holdback. Oh and not pay the sales Manager or the Salesperson, or the Tech or the service manager, or detail person, the office staff that does the title work and so on and so on. Hold back pays for the lights and salary of non commissioned sales people. The gross of slightly more than 1200 on a fully loaded SS2 pays the commisions of the sales team, you can make more profit on a $10k Used Cobalt than on a $40K SS2 Camaro. Dealers are not making huge profits selling at MSRP, I am sorry that is just so silly to make such a statement.

When someone told me that the dealer took a $1000 off of a $35,000 car, I am wondering how or why he would even stay in business. At least with GM Supplier or Employee Pricing the dealer will be reimbursed the discount and break even on the deal. Which brings me to the next point, why in the world would anyone think is a sound business practice to "break even" on a 35K car? Profit is not a bad thing, I am sure no one in this forum would work if at the end of the day their expenses were equal to their paycheck, right?
dstairs is offline   Reply With Quote