View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #913
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
"OLD SCHOOL"?!

Hell, I'm just plain OLD...sonny!
LOL...hence my name, we're in the same club!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WYKOFF69Z View Post
Will the new Z/28 be limited like the Boss, and will there be a rear seat delete option?
What are your opinions?
Most certainly by it's very nature it would be limited I imagine, and I hope we have delete options. I would suggest we can delete more. It's fanciful thoughts, and GM wouldn't do it, but being "old school" I would not mind having manual windows, door locks, and manual seats etc., or other non performance ammenties taken off the menu to save weight. It's a pure bred race car, stiff, harsh, and Millenium Falcon fast. I wouldn't need SatNav, moonroof, or leather. Now, the kick arse radio,..wellll, is a must! .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Give me old school!!
Welcome to the choir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Dragoneye, "appropriate pricing" is in the eye of the buyer...AND GM...

BOSSes from $42-48K leaves a "sweet spot" for Z/28 pricing to play within...'tween 2SS and ZL1...with performance close to a ZL1, especially 'round a track, as Pete astutely notes. And that spread allows for a carefully-optioned and -featured 1SS with an LS7, a suitably upgraded "old school" "enhanced FE4" suspension, HD brakes/driveline components, and weight-saving, handling-assisting measures like forged wheels and Z (or R) -rated rubber for supreme gription (my favorite recent word...).

Like the BOSS, and complementing Wixom's "wishes" and "capacities", 5,000 units would frankly be the tip of the iceberg...with NO Titanic downside...

Sorry for the metaphors, but you get the gist...right?

NOW...do "they" get the gist?!

Get those card 'n letters (and e-mails) going! Vote with your wallets, folks!

EDIT:

Some of you may have noticed I changed my "sig"... Feel free to "copy and paste" it to your notes, but you might just delete the "broken record"...or NOT as the case may be. There will be NO copyright infringement, and NO royalites to pay!
Good post as usual Lowdown, we get the gist, I surmise they do as well. Keep beating the drum, it's not a broken record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The ZL1 will be a road course animal. GM and Chevrolet are absolutely committed to that. They have ramped up thier validation to make certain the car will shine at a HPDEs or open track time.

If there is a Z/28 and if they build it as we have discussed in this thread the Z/28 would be a better car on a road course defined by -- less weight up front, less heat soak (NA vs FI) and a wheel and tire package that is designed for optimal cornering at the expense of ride quality.

In terms of technology, the ZL1 is state-of-the-art. The Z/28 would be old school, because that is what the enthusiasts in this thread want.
Bravo. Hopefully we won't have to keep trying to convince anyone besides ourselves it can be done by the fall of 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Conversations with people led me to more closely look at the changes they made to the vehicle, and estimate the costs incurred. These "people" also have a very calibrated guestimator on their shoulders...

When a company in the business of making money wants to introduce a new product to a specific, limited audience - one of the few ways to justify it in a business case is the increased profit over an existing product.

As I see the options...the Boss doesn't do that. Or else if it does - it's marginal at best. Meaning (to me), that Ford values the marketing effect of the Boss enough to justify the development costs. I heard that the Boss will only be produced for 2 MYs, as well...if this is true...then it would seem to support my guesses.

That's why I asked about Z28 price. GM would probably be inclined to charge more to justify it, because they already have the Camaro AND Corvette for their 'mystique'.
It's nice to hear you have an inside "hook" Joe......GM knows how to make a profit, even if they sold widgets. In this case the ZL1 is the item they want to make profit on. Once it does, so then goes the Z28. It's a matter of when we get the Z28, not if.