View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #31
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
How much did the meth lower lower you intake air temps and does it keep them down after some WOT.
Methanol injection is a highly efficient chemical intercooler. By injecting methanol into the inlet of a supercharged car, intake air temperatures (IAT’s) can be reduced by more than 80% (depending on ambient air temperatures) and allow your tuner to run more timing and therefore making more HP. Secondly, Methanol burns at the equivalent of 110 octane fuel, effectively halting detonation that can be present with lower octane fuels and finally Methanol works to keep your engine cleaner, and helps remove carbon deposits that can form on piston tops, which can effective change engine compression and combustion properties.

Alky Control Systems come with a boost referenced, progressive meth controller which automatically releases increasing amounts of methanol as boost increases. This progression ensures smooth and even fuel delivery so that the transition or power remains smooth all the way up to redline.

And from what I've seen so far, it DOES keep my IATs down after several WOT runs. I have no regrets with this system.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote