View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #869
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
We just need a Z28 because we need a GT500/SRT Challenger KILLER.

If we don't get it, it's gonna be endless discussions between camaro/mustang owners."I do have more HP" "yeah but my 0-60 is shorter" blah blah

Just make a killer camaro, a car that would beat anything else in the pony car industry. Something no one would argue. Just the best, whatever the price. Take X raited's concept, put 550+hp under the hood, sell it whatever the price, and I'll get it
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
SS will run with the SRT-8 as is. The SS will smoke a Challenger R/T and edge out the SRT-8. Chrysler made a big mistake pricing the SRT-8 that high when they knew GM would put an LS3 in a Camaro for less than 35k.

GT500 is a different story. They made 8583 for MY2008, down from the 10844 made for MY2007, and there are examples from both years that are still sitting on dealership floors. Not exactly a competitive market, especially with the state of the economy, lack of financing options from GMAC, GM's precarious financial situation, and the dearth of disposable income in America's pockets right now.
I agree with what I highlighted, unfortunately, in the latter case. One can see how much I'd love to see one, but I'm not very hopeful at this point. BUT, was have a great "base" car and look to be getting a great SS (I only say look because there haven't been rag' testing or reviews yet and the last thing I've seen on it was an engineer saying they thought they needed more work with shift points and such) so I'm not even complaining. I'd rather not see GM in the tank

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote