View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
Issues With My Camaro - We Need a Forum Here

I know it's somewhat of a "negative" discussion, but I think it's time the mod's create an "Issues" forum.

Since owning my Camaro I've had a few issues with it and I'm wondering who else is having the same problems.

Below is my list so far:

1) RPM Gauge
The RPM gauge was "sticking" when it was coming back down from around 3k to 4k RPM. It would stutter as it came back down. (I have video of it).

I took it to the dealer for service and they had to remove the entire cluster and send it back in for repair. I got it back last friday - and the issue appears to be fixed.

HOWEVER: The dealer scuffed up my dash pretty good and dinged the silver ring that goes over the instrument cluster. They are replacing both now

2) Exhaust Noise
The dealer identified a "baffle" inside the rear driver's side muffler that is vibrating against the wall of the muffler. It is making a very high pitched ringing vibration noise and it's LOUD.

The guy at the dealership is waiting to hear back from his director on this one since it's a $2500 replacement of the exhaust apparently... go figure.

3) I have two issues with the stereo - these are minor and only 1 is a bug - I posted those issues here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25156

So anyone else have these issues? I'd be very curious to see what problems you guys are having - and what you are doing to get them fixed.
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote