View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
New revisioin water bag installed today (pics showing differences)

I was given the privilege of watching the new water bag being installed today on my car. I totally appreciate my district manager and dealership (Doyle Chevrolet, Webster, NY) allowing me to do this. I guess I earned the right by waiting 22 days for this to happen! Below are some pics showing differences that I noticed and my thoughts about the new bag versus old. Enjoy.

I'm happy to have my car back in my possession again! The leaks are fixed. It was good to watch the field engineer in the car inspecting for leaks in the laser wash booth for a very long time with the interior components removed. I didn't verify it but I've managed to negotiate a new top mechanism and carpet so they will have to do it again anyhow. The new top will also improve the fit by the quarter glass (so I'm told). I'll post before and after pics of that too when that happens (probably at least a month from now).

I learned so much from this forum of what to look for, the least I could do is provide more info for people.

If you are offered a new water bag you really need to decide if you want it. As you will see below they have to disassemble a lot of the car to change it. Ask yourself how much you trust the technician assigned to your car to do it right. The field engineer said he has successfully repaired four vehicles without changing the bag out (adjusting fold position shown in one of the pictures below). They gouged my third brake light when removing it even though they were being extra careful. Of course, I have to point that out to my district manager to add that to the order!

If you want to see pics of my old top (built 4/26/2011) versus the new revision top (6/27/2012 release date) installed on my car, check out my thread here...http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post5550196
Attached Images

Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes

Last edited by SSTOKED; 09-08-2012 at 04:22 PM.
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote