Old 03-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #19
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Is your transmission tuned yet?
Not yet. I still have to get Ted a Datalog plus I gotta get Doc in J-Ville to put my tune on my SCT tuner. Then send the file to Ted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Weren't there some issues with your tune? What PSI did you end up at?
The tune is fine. I suspect I have a small vacuum leak still. I ordered the hoses from Magnuson. Should take care of it.

Ended up with 7.3psi boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Do this before you get a cam... should be step #1. Then figure out a cam. It's sorta like all these blowers going on cars w/ 22's and no way to put the power to the ground.
Right.

I'm fine on the street. I have no real reason to try and launch from a dead stop. I do have occasion to punch it from 55 or 65 mph. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Where is Spike anyway? Oh, Spike!
I better call him before he disowns me. This is right in his wheelhouse. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by acowherd View Post
I would be worried about the DOD lifters.
Nah..... I tuned it out. It never activates. Flow is never changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
PQ,

Just a couple of things.

A VVT cam requires a skilled tuner to make it fly....given that the fact you couldn't find a local guy good enough to tune just your blower, this could be a big factor in your final choice.

VVT cams are going to run on the smaller side due to the lifters, so you're going to take a hit on power. However, the smaller cam would ding you less on the boost hit.

LS3 conversion costs more, but has less headaches and is simplier to work with/tune.

Also....match your cam choice to your stall..HAVE A PLAN! This is very important in the big picture. Smaller VVT cams could very well fly without a stall, larger cams will without question require a stall to be driveable. Don't do one without the other.

Last, but for sure not least ( and this one will sound crazy, but hear me out ) You're sitting at 470 RWHP right now and can't put it down, but yet you're chasing even more HP. Here's what I suggest....work on your suspension set up including a nice sticky tire. If you can put down what you're using, you just may find that you already have all the power you need.

I'm only throwing that last bit of advice out there, because that's exactly what I'm doing right now. I'm sitting at 470 RWHP and wanted to slap a blower on top....but after I thought more about it, adding more power would just compound the launching problems I already have. I went out and bought bushings/trailing arms, etc and as soon as I can I'm getting set of drag radials then heading back out to the strip.

Just some things to think about as you make your next move brother!
Good stuff.

Ya, I plan on getting some 18s and DRs later. Not for the fest though. Of course the cam will be after the fest as well.