View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #11
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
I thought the VMax isolator wasnt necessary because the manifold was already composite on the 2012s or did I miss something?

The additional cooling it provides is probably not necessary, but if MACE's claims of longer runner length are what help the lower end TQ, then even the LFX can benefit from this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardailsmith View Post
LFX vs LLT stock, LFX is rated at 323HP the LLT rated at 312HP. LFX is 20.5 pounds lighter than the LLT.

So, why do I see these post from fellow LFX owners going on about the headers. You can still change the intake and the exhaust to a point, and you probably still be hitting higher HP numbers than LLTs with intakes and headers. Not to mention you'll probably will still be lighter than them also.

With the LFX engine your getting new cylinder head design an integrated exhaust manifold, an improved intake port design and larger intake valves within the cylinder heads. A new fuel pump system, injectors and a composite intake manifold, a camshaft cap and throttle body design enhancements.

All you can do is complain about headers. There is a lot that can be done with this new engine just give the after market time to catchup. Once that happens, LLTs won't be able to keep up, stock or with mods to a stock or moded LFX.

(sorry LLTs your stil Camaros and that's what counts.)
You are a bit off base. I do agree that it is hard to complain about headers when the LFX already has a HP advantage. But really its the removal or swapping of the stock cats to high flow or no cats that makes up the majority of the power gained by going to LT headers. So with this in mind, LFX owners have all the right to be a bit bummed that they can't do headers.

They could do a swap to a high flow cat setup though and gain a fair amount of power, similar to the SOLO HFCs for the LLT. They gained 15 HP with that, compared to LT headers which typically dyno a peak gain of between 15 to 20 HP.

I really don't think all that extra power in the LFX comes from the swap to the integrated headers. Instead, I feel it comes from the composite intake which should stay cooler and flow well.

I also think and LFX with HFCs would be no more powerful than an LLT with headers and an insulator/ported manifold. At that point, both engines are flowing equally well.