View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #17
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmink View Post
Exactly, I'm free, you're free, OP is free - that is why in my original post to the OP I said:

Sometimes things come across the wrong way on the Internet. I am no expert and I was not trying to be condescending. That is why I put a smiley face at the end of my response; so that it would not be taken the wrong way.

There is reasoning behind it to some; to you there is no reasoning behind it. I would not do it if I didn't have a reason. You don't do it because you believe there is no reason.

Just giving my opinion the same as you give your opinion. No need for you to revert to name calling because at times you come across as pompous; particularly when someone has a different opinion then you.

OP, almost sorry I replied to your question. Whatever you decide, hope your Camaro comes out looking amazing. Congrats on your purchase and post pics after you receive it.

I wasn't name-calling, I was just saying your post came across condescending, and I'm clearly not the only one who thought so..

I don't think I've ever come across pompous when there is opinion involved, only when fact is involved. Even then, I don't think informed=pompous, but you're entitled to your opinion.

If you have an opinion, then back it up with something. Don't just say "there's reasoning." Then we can have a debate and we can both learn something out of the discussion. If not, then we might as well be arguing over which color is better: red or blue.

I make a living doing this stuff; if there's information I can pass on to make it easier on new folks, or to improve their end results, I will. In the end, everyone should do whatever they please to their car. I haven't made a single payment on your car, so what do I care?

I hope that both you and the OP get fantastic results on your first details, and wish you both good luck as you start getting into detailing. It's addictive